Liability (personnel) Hotel Watertoren West
In principle, damage will only be compensated if it was caused intentionally or through gross negligence on the part of our staff. Our liability is limited to the total amount of the booking. We are not liable for indirect damage (for example if you are unable to work).
In the event that you (or one of your fellow guests) causes damage to the hotel, or if the smoke alarm goes off incorrectly due to you or your fellow guests, we will hold you liable for the damage suffered. This concerns a minimum amount of € 250 per claim. If there is a claim for damages, this will be reported to you by our staff. We will deduct the amount from your credit card or send an invoice.
The instructions of the staff of Hotel Watertoren West must be followed at all times. In the event of a calamity (such as fire), the instructions of the emergency services must also be followed.
The number of guests staying overnight in a hotel room may not exceed the number of (available) beds. All guests must be checked in. If it turns out that more people are staying than allowed, the staff is authorized to terminate the entire booking.
Both the outdoor area and the common areas are secured by camera security. The guest is aware of camera security in Hotel Watertoren West, this (partly) in the interest of the safety of other guests, the staff and their belongings.
The guest is responsible for the correct acceptance of ordered packages or groceries. Each apartment is equipped with an intercom/bell, but delivery services do not have access to the hotel room floors. Ordered products must be accepted by the guest at the front door. The reception does not deliver this to the room.
On the day of departure, you must vacate the hotel room at 11:00 am. If you have not emptied the room yourself, we are entitled to charge an additional fee of 50% of the room price (vacation before 6:00 PM) or 100% of the room price (vacation after 6:00 PM) . In this case, your luggage will be removed from the room and stored. Hotel Watertoren West is not responsible for loss of or damage to your luggage.
Extremely dirty hotel room
When a hotel room is left extremely dirty, we charge an additional cleaning fee of (at least) €150.00 or the actual additional cost if we have to use a specialized company.
Change and cancellation booking
Depending on your chosen booking, the following cancellation policy applies:
1. Fully flexible: Cancel free of charge up to 2 days before arrival. Max 6 rooms at a time. 1. If you cancel within 2 days before arrival, the full amount will be charged
2. Non refundable: Cannot be canceled free of charge.
3. Longstay: Concerns a stay of 2 weeks or longer. Can be canceled free of charge up to 10 days before the start of the stay. If you cancel within 10 days, the first 10 days will be charged.
When you are entitled to a refund after a cancellation, you will be refunded using the same payment method used to make the booking. When your booking changes, any refund will be pinned back to reception.
There is no parking on site. Parking is at your own risk and expense. Parking in the streets around the hotel is paid and at your own risk.
We accept payments via the following debit/credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Amex and V pay. No checks are accepted.
Smoking (or fiddling with the fire alarm) is prohibited inside and throughout the property. A fine of €250.00 must be paid for each violation. If the fire alarm also goes off due to (cigarette) smoke or is deliberately set on, an additional fine of €250 will be charged.
Bring your own food & drinks
Food and drinks you bring yourself may not be consumed in the public areas of Hotel Watertoren West, but of course they can be consumed in the hotel rooms.
Drugs & prostitution
Prostitution, use and possession of hard drugs and/or trade in hard and soft drugs are not permitted in Hotel Watertoren West and will lead to immediate termination of the stay and removal from Hotel Watertoren West, without reimbursement of the costs already paid. Renting apartments for nude photography or filming is not desirable.
Photography and video
– Photography/video for personal use is permitted in Hotel Watertoren West, provided it does not disrupt the normal operation of the room or disturb other visitors.
– While you are at Hotel Watertoren West, you acknowledge and agree that you may be photographed or recorded by us or by third parties acting on our behalf. These photos and recordings may be used for promotional or marketing purposes, including on our website and social media channels. If you do not want to be photographed or recorded, you can indicate this to one of our employees.
– Commercial photography, including photography for advertising or marketing purposes, is not permitted in Hotel Watertoren West without prior written permission from Watertoren West.
– Photography of artwork or other protected intellectual property is permitted for personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes without the express permission of the copyright holder.
– Photography of events or performances in Hotel Watertoren West is only allowed for personal use and may not be used for commercial purposes without the express permission of the organizers of the event.
– The use of drones or other aerial photography equipment is not permitted in (or around) the Hotel Watertoren West without prior written permission.
Nuisance & unwanted behaviour
Hotel Watertoren West reserves the right to deny persons access to Hotel Watertoren West for a certain period of time or to immediately evict them from Hotel Watertoren West without refund of costs already paid, if they:
– Cause a nuisance and/or display offensive or discriminatory behavior towards other guests, employees or neighbours;
– Use the hotel room in any way that deviates from the normal use of a hotel room;
– If Hotel Watertoren West deems it necessary, the group to which the nuisance person(s) belongs can also be evicted, regardless of whether other persons within that group have caused a nuisance, without reimbursement of costs already paid.
Responsibility of the tenant in the event of nuisance and undesirable behaviour
The tenant of halls, offices or rooms is responsible for the behavior of his or her guests. The (temporary) tenant cannot claim compensation in the event of eviction due to nuisance. In the event of eviction, the tenant must pay the rent of the room, office or hall, any bar guarantee and other lost turnover without prejudice. However, Hotel Watertoren West will deduct an amount for purchase costs of drinks not incurred.
In the unlikely event of a dispute, this conflict will fall under the jurisdiction of the Northern Netherlands court.
Circumstances that are not attributable to Hotel Watertoren West, which are of such a nature that compliance with the agreement can no longer reasonably be required or can no longer be required in full (such as but not limited to (i) extreme weather, (ii) withdrawal of one or more permits, (iii) epidemics and pandemics and therefore measures announced by the government and (iv) national mourning) entitles it to dissolve the assignment in whole or in part and/or to suspend its execution without any obligation to pay compensation. In that case, Hotel Watertoren West retains its right to compensation (including but not limited to the amount of the reservation value, plus the costs for third parties engaged by it). Hotel Watertoren West advises the client and hotel guests to insure themselves against these risks. An appeal to dissolution on the part of the client / hotel guests due to force majeure is excluded. The foregoing does not affect the applicable cancellation conditions.